His Royal Eminence
Number of posts : 20198
Clan Prestige: 5
|Subject: REGISTRATION / CREATION Tue May 11, 2010 5:41 pm|| |
Welcome to the Embrace!This game is no longer running, and therefore new characters can't be submitted.
This is an online gathering of players interested in playing Vampire: the Masquerade in the fictional city of Castle Dell, Georgia. This game is heavily social and involves a lot of Machiavellian schemeing and politics. Be aware when starting that you will be a player in the Jyhad and your actions will probably have resultant counter-actions. At the same time, you will also be able to change and alter the environment and events in the city through your own machinations. Feel free to approach a Storyteller if you have any questions. The NPC's have personalities of their own and are primarily elders, so they do not respond well to problems. Be sure to expect as much and do not expect leniency from NPC's, or even other players, merely because you are new to town. Be sure to check out the details on how to play
so you can get a good feel for how we do things on the Embrace.
- To begin, register for the forum as your desired character's name.
- Once you have registered as your character's name, e-mail a completed Character Sheet to email@example.com for approval. Character creation uses the normal character building rules from Vampire: the Masquerade (3rd Edition revised). If you do not have this rulebook, or you have never played before, we will do our best to assist you.
- Players have the option of running through a tutorial centered around your character's Embrace to both give you a feel for how this game runs and a little extra background for your character. If you are interested in this please make sure to indicate so in your character submission. It generally takes about one real-time week to complete.
- Playable clans for this chronicle are as detailed here:
Lasombra Antitribu x2 (0 Available)
Tremere x6 (1 Available)
Followers of Set
Not playable at this time.
|Not playable are:|
Other Supernatural Creatures
- A couple of points to be aware of for this game during character creation:
- You can only begin the game with clan Disciplines or physical Disciplines (Celerity, Fortitude & Potence).
- When investing in the Generation Background, each dot requires expending 2 Background Dot/Freebie Points.
- We utilize the Herd Background as per Dark Ages Vampire instead of the Masquerade rules. This means that, at the start of each session, if you gained Experience by being active in the previous session, you gain an amount of blood equal to your Herd rating rather than applying your Herd rating to hunting rolls.
- You cannot invest in the Domain Background during character creation.
- Merits and Flaws cannot be purchased.
- Take note of how we handle Allies and Retainers.
- Check out our House Rules.
- The rules for creating a starting character are for Neonate characters. This means that your character must be no older than 100 years of age.
- Instead of having new character roll for starting blood pool, all character begin with half their maximum blood pool.
Thanks again and we look forward to playing with you! Once your character sheet is approved, you will start in the District where your character arrives in the city and you can begin playing. Be sure to send the Storytellers any questions you might have. See you in the game. For your information during character creation, Freebie Point costs are:
- Attributes: 5 freebie points
- Abilities: 2 freebie points
- Backgrounds (except Generation): 1 freebie point
- Disciplines: 7 freebie points
- Generation: 2 freebie points
- Humanity: 1 freebie Point
- Virtues: 2 freebie points
- Willpower: 1 freebie point
Last edited by Lord Wolfe on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total